Monday, August 11, 2008

Our Little Cupcake is One!

Marley is ONE!! Her Birthday was the day after Ben's graduation so we had a fun filled weekend. Brynn, a family friend had a cupcake cake for her daughters birthday and I thought it was the cutest thing so I decided that is what I wanted for Marley's cake. It was so much fun to put together and decorate!
Another close friend of mine, Traci, did these cupcakes for her daughters birthday and it looked so cute! I had also seen it in a magazine but just figured it looked like the type where when you actually attempted them, they didn't look anything like flowers! Traci told me they were really easy...so I thought I would give it a try. So here are her flower cupcakes!

The dinner spread was a "kid's dinner" theme. We had hot dogs & hamburgers, macaroni and cheese, and homemade pizza! It was delicious.

Happy Birthday Marley Girls!!

She didn't dig into the cake as much as I thought she would but she got herself a few helpings of frosting.

Cheese!

I found this cute ice cream cone pinata that I thought would be fun for the kids. It was fun to watch all of the kids take a whack at it.

We let the kids hit the pinata, youngest to oldest, so Parker was last and he was able to break it open after a few whacks!

Here are all the kitties enjoying their candy!

We got Marley a little chair with her name on it and she totally loved it! She sat right up into it and got all settled in.

A girl in my primary class, Mariah, loves Marley. At church she asked me if she could come over that night and bring Marley a present for her birthday. So that night she came over and had handmade this cute card for Marley and then gave Marley one of her stuffed animals, it was so cute! Marley loves her little rabbit too!







15 comments:

diana said...

What a cute and fun birthday party. Happy Birthday Marley!

Where did you get the chair with her name on it? PB Kids? So cute.

Marley Girls said...

testing out my profile name.

the cummard family said...

um-hello! that was WAY WAY too long of a break from blogging. please don't ever do that again. i enjoy reading up...and i did lol at the taylor pool comment. we really did love it though.

Clay's gal said...

What a cute little lady she is! Happy Birthdat to her!
Email me your email so I can invite you to my blog, cause I went private! lindseyslads@cox.net

The Wilson Family said...

OK, martha, too darn cute. Is that what I have to do when my kid turns one?? hehe. Love you Jules! Post more, miss you.

Lyndsie said...

happy birthday marley!! turned out so cute! i love her chair...i've had my yes on those for a while now...so fun!

The Wilkins' said...

What a doll! Looks like quite the celebration! You'll have to show me how to make those cupcakes... super cute!

Suzy Cummard said...

I've been hearing about those cupcakes... and everyone was right- they were adorable!!!
Can I copy those?

natalie and jeremy belnap said...

Hey, We are going private on our blog... so please leave me your email if you wish to be invited!

Life is a Journey said...

Hi Julie! How are you? Marley is adorable!! I hope you guys are doing well! Keep in Touch!
-Tara

Brittnie Roit said...

Im going to get mad at you when I see you at work next! You have to update your blog. Also... I'm adding you to my list of friends. Hope ya dont mind! :0)

Anonymous said...

jules~ that is the dang cutest thing ever and btw~ sweet cake plate! I miss you. Where ARE you! Your babe is a dolly!~Jane P. in Provo

Holli Raymond said...

She is adorable!! How are you guys doing? I haven't talked to either of you in ages!!

Kerby Family said...

Jules your daughter is so cute. It is so sad how fast your kids grow up ha? So I was totally reminded of the funniest thing today. Remember when we set up a tent in your backyard and the gang slept in it and in the morning you went to go to the bathroom and stepped in doo. Oh man I remember laughing for so long. Good times. Are you going to the reunion? Would love to see you.

Sarah Beau Bera said...

Hmmm last post 8/2008, I'm thinking maybe you don't do the blog thing too much. But I am hoping that your blog comments go straight to your in box so you can see that #1 we are having a reunion and #2 you should send me a picture to have added to the slideshow. Either of highschool or of your family or both. Thanks, Sarah Miller send to jackrabbits1999 (at) gmail (dot) com